Don't make jokes about Sheena Bora: Sonakshi Sinha
Many celebrities are guarded about what they say, but not actor Sonakshi Sinha. The 28-year-old, who recently urged people on Twitter to stop making jokes on murder victim Sheena Bora and posted an apology to Delhi boy Sarvjeet Singh, accused of allegedly molesting Delhi University student Jasleen Kaur, talks about how people hide behind the anonymity on social networking sites and how she does not fear being trolled online.
While celebrities are often guarded when it comes to talking about issues, you have spoken up for Sheena Bora as well as Sarvjeet Singh. What was the thought process behind this?
I don’t say anything about things that are not my business, unless I feel it’s the right thing to do and unless I feel strongly about it. I was shocked at how people were making jokes about a young girl (Sheena Bora) who lost her life. I found it really insensitive, and that’s why I spoke about it. People think they can say anything they want on social media. A sane person would not dare say stuff like that in real life. With Sarabjit, I, like many others, was swayed by what was being written and said about him, and gave Jasleen the benefit of doubt just because she’s a girl. I realised later that I shouldn’t have

No comments:
Post a Comment